Corporal David Jones is one of the main characters of the Conflict series. His primary duty is the team's demolitions expert, medic and combat engineer.
David Jones was born on March 20th, 1970 in Kansas City, Missouri, United States. He served in the United States Army Rangers and the 10th Mountain Division. Eventually, he found himself in the 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment-Delta (1st S.F.O.D.-D.), more commonly known as 'Delta force'. He was assigned alongside Sergeant John Bradley, corporal Mick Connors and Corporal Paul Foley.
Jones is the only character to have a significantly different character model between the Conflict: Desert storm and Conflict: Global storm games. In the Desert storm games, he looks to be one of the oldest members of the team and dons a unique combat helmet for every mission save ones in which he is a prisoner of war.
In Conflict: Global Terror, Jones looks younger. He has a bald haircut and does not wear headgear for most of the game, except for some sunglasses.
Jones is normally quiet, perhaps coming from his status as a infiltration expert. He has a running rivalry with Connors, whose run and gun style he finds annoying, improper and severely unprofessional, especially due to their expectations as special forces operators.
Skills & weaponryEdit
Jones is the combat engineer of the team, and uses explosives such as C-4, antitank and antipersonnel mines. His primary weapon is usually a submachine gun, while his secondary is a shotgun for C.Q.B. (close-quarter battle). Most of his firearms are fitted with a suppressor.
- M72 LAW (in the CDS mission ''Chemical warfare'')
In Conflict: Desert Storm, if the original operator is killed in action, he can be replaced by another operator.
The successors are:
- Paul Ayre
- Timothy Green
- Marc Hicks
- William Calvin
- Kevin Collins
- Nicholas Booth
- Paul Ayre
- Marc Crocker
- Michael Franklin (only available via DEBUG)
- Matthew Curtis (only available via DEBUG)
- Kevin Green (only available via DEBUG)
Note: These are ''rookie'' operators and possesses skills far inferior to Jones.
Voice actors Edit
- Conflict: Desert storm: Lance Andre Wright (U.S.) Philip Martin Brown (U.K.)
- Conflict: Desert storm II: Lance Andre Wright (U.S.) Philip Martin Brown (U.K.)
- Jones sounds elder in the Desert storm series, and younger in Conflict: Global Storm.
- Despite being the team's medic in the first two games and being the most proficient with medical kits, Jones is replaced by Foley as the team medic in Conflict: Global Storm and his medical skills are somehow on par with Bradley's and Connors'.